You say you are new to backpacking, and then you are asking for advice on a tent you bought. So it sounds to me like there is some anxiety over how the tent will perform as well as just in general. Well, the best way to cure those is to test the gear and do some backpacking. Heck you can even combine the two by doing something like Pliny suggested where you go somewhere familiar and hike in a little ways from your car so you can bail out if things get rough.

Your gear test can also be as simple as just setting up your tent in your yard (assuming you have a yard) and leaving it out in the rain for a while. This will tell you if it has any leaking issues or not. As for concerns over setting it up, just go out and practice setting it up. There's really no other magical way to get good at setting up a shelter. I use all non-freestanding shelters, and they're a breeze to set up.

I can't comment on your specific tent, and as others have mentioned usage of any gear varies widely depending on the experience level of the user and where it's being used. For example, it's common to read reviews of tents on the net that are negative, but a lot of time those users likely are inexperienced. Anytime I read about condensation issues I always laugh cause most tents are going to have some sort of condensation "issue" as that's just part of nature. It's just up to the user as to what's an acceptable amount of condensation.

At any rate, I'm starting to babble. Enjoy the tent and welcome to whole new world.