Yes, there are many that have no concept of UL and quite frankly could care less about how much gear and its weight that they pull with their toboggans.

There are others, phat is a good example, who have taken the concept of 'hot tenting' to an ultra light level. A one pound stove and a two pound tent qualifies as UL. I build an eight foot toboggan that weighs about one quarter that of other similar length toboggans. Again, UL by my standard.

This style of camping may not be in everyone's realm of UL camping, but, might I suggest this: Is UL camping done with minimal gear or gear of minimal weight. I think we can agree that it is a combination of both. So, if a person wishes to use a 'hot tent' for their winter adventures and their base weight, regardless if they pull it on a pulk or carry it on there back, is, say, thirty to forty pounds, this is UL by my standards. Certainly not mainstream, especially on this forum, but non the less a style of camping that is practiced my many. The delicate balance between safety and weight has been discussed here before and is always a challenge to achieve when winter camping.

There are four trains that travel the north in Ontario. All four will make 'flag stops' at any point on their track. These trains are used extensively by trappers and hunters, aboriginals and recreational enthusiasts during all months of the year.

Northlander and Polar Bear Express
The Lake Superior
The Canadian
Algoma Central Railway