pjcampo,

Enjoy the trip, once you get used to secluded feeling, you'll appreciate the solitude. The next step after giving GPS coordinates would be to tell your family what time to expect you to be home and the latest to expect you. I would also give general description if as your coordinates to be accurate need to be same datum set as searches and that's not always a given.

Remember 50's at night along with rain and humidity can feel much colder. When I go I lump categories together such as pack, sleeping, shelter, clothing, food/water, toiletries, first aid, emergency gear (firestater etc), dog care, other.

I am not sure your water temperature, but if temps are in 50's and you go in the water there is a risk of hypothermia. I would make sure sleeping bag and extra clothes are packed in drybag so if all gets a bath your bag and clothes will be dry to quickly warm you up.

I've worried about bears but never about alligators so I can't help you there. I would bring a good mirrored signaling device just in case. Use your common sense and write out all your gear to help you determine if you need anything else.

Sounds like a real nice trip I am sure you'll enjoy. Write back to let us know how everything went.

Chuck