Quote:
Usually I'm either in a hammock or double wall tent. Both have ventelation and I don't experience the problem unless it rains for days. With a tarp tent or single wall I would ventelate. Phat suggested in another post that using a candle lantern helps with this problem. Phat, care to chime in?

Can't comment on it for summertime/rainy type things - My experience doing this is in the top of
a top vented tent in bitterly cold subzero weather in wintertime. Hanging a candle lantern up high
that burns all night helps warm up the top a bit and keep the air moving out of the vents which tends to cut down on the amount of frost I have on the inside in the morning. In theory this
would work in summertime too, but I wouldn't justify the weight of the candle lantern because
it's just not enough of a problem then.

Summertime I just make sure I'm well vented and it's ok. yes there is sometimes some condensation on a cool rainy night/morning. I do carry one large cotton hanky when backpacking
for situations just like this. (my cotton hanky is a large piece of a dead cotton T-shirt that
rides in my pocket.)
Browse my pictures