I do not know where you are going on this trip, but, I have spent quite a number of stints of several weeks to a few months alone in BC, AB and northern Canadian wilderness regions. I have used a lot of different packs and most were NOT satisfactory under such conditions, where warantees mean nothing and rugged quality is everything.

I now use Mystery Ranch packs, exclusively, for serious wilderness trips where I must depend on my gear without question of failure. My choice for trips of this type is the MR Kodiak with optional Longpockets, twin Fliptops at the rear of the waistbelt, a few smaller pockets on it and my offside shoulder strap, a gun holder and some extra webbing straps from MEC to hold my sleeping pads and extra food sack on the outside.

I have seen and tried on the Ospreys and a lot of others, I will now only buy packs from MR and, as Charlie, suggested, a full house custom from Dan McHale.....maybe next year, if I can scrape up the $$$$$$$.....pricey, but, worth it!

If, you are going to be in remote wilderness for this length of time, you will NEED the finest gear available and "cheaping out" is a way to really bleep up your trip.