Quote:
Quote:
But im not sure if there is much difference between the Nova and XGK. Can somebody explain the difference between these two stoves for me? It sounds like they are both made for extreme conditions. I have looked into getting a MSR Pocket Rocket and storing it inside a GSI Dualist system. So far this looks like the best option. I just wish MSR made a small multifuel stove. ANy info on the Nova?

The Nova simmers, the XGK does not.

Go for the pocket rocket.

I own 2 Novas, 3 MSRs, a Coleman and a Primus - all liquid fuel stoves. Also a SnowPeak and a JetBoil, a BushBuddy and a number of alcohol stoves, plus a Primus Grashopper propane stove. 90% of my non-winter trips I use the SnowPeak, otherwise the JetBoil (heavy and finicky in cold). In winter it's almost exclusively the Nova+, though some experiences last winter with a remote canister stove and a heat exchanger pot will have me trying that more this winter.)

Again, all in all I highly recommend a simple canister stove - it will cover the vast majority of what you want for great convenience and minimal cost. The only reason to go for the liquid fuel stoves is if you're going on an expedition or melting large amounts of snow for water in winter. Even there I'd look at a remote canister stove, for convenience...

So, do you have a list of stoves you don't have. I bet it is smaller.