I had to put down "Woden", the larger of my two Rottweiler littermates in Jan. 07 due to an ongoing cerebral infection which we could never cure and the subsequent problems it caused. He was a "problem dog" that show judges, vets and so forth were afraid of; he weighed an honest 160 lbs., was utterly fearless and was finally given to me by his breeders as they thought I might be able to handle him. He was totally loving, gentle and devoted to me, the day I put him down was like the day my brother died, but, it had to be done.

I still have his brother, "Axel", who is past nine and has " Masticatory Myocitis", but, is still a fabulous dog and is now training "Lily", a lovely 10 month old bitch from the same breeders. I love all dogs and cats as well, but, I absolutely am bonkers about Rottweilers and they certainly repay my love with loyalty and devotion. They DO cost a LOT to feed, tho'!

Yup, I ain't getting any younger, 62 now, but, am still actively bushwhacking and a buddy and I leave for the Kootenays for an 8 day backpacking hunting trip this coming Monday. It is snowing there now, but, it is not nearly as cold as it used to get when I lived there....I kinda miss real cold weather camping, always enjoyed it and still get out as often as I can.

I'm getting quite interested in pack goats, as well, seems a good way to explore remote country and still carry enough supplies to last you for a few weeks. Horses are such a hassle, Llamas are very costly and useless in areas with big creeks, but, the goats seem just ideal for BC conditions. I plan on backpacking until I am into my 90s, no reason why not, if, a person wants to.