Quote:
If you're comparing the Mammut TX-1 to the Scout, I would totally agree with you. There really is no comparison in terms of features. They are completely different lights. The Scout is one of the lightest headlamps designed for use as a standalone headlamp (meaning that it's not intended to be used only for emergencies like the Petzl E-Lite).

Actually, I was comparing the TX-1 to the Myo and the TR-1 to the Tikka. The Scout is a completely different animal - small, lightweight, simple; I mentioned it as an example of a PrincetonTec light that fell apart after not that much use (and, as an aside, which uses coin cell batteries rather than the standard AAA/AA of the Mammuts, Myo and Tikka).

Again, for a serious light with a separate battery pack, the TX-1 has really impressed me. Newer, better lights seem to come out regularly, so I'm sure something will supplant it sooner or later, but for now I'm really pleased with it. And, I like the TR-1 better than my Tikka (better battery life, better lock-out, starts on dimmest rather than brightest setting, and I prefer the way it swivels for aim).

A Zipka goes in my piloting bag (super-compact) along with a Surefire Aviator; I have about a dozen other flashlights and headlamps, and most have their place. I've just not had good luck with durability of PrincetonTec products.