Coleman's Exponent series of eXtreme Stoves are literally Thee best canister stoves on the planet. I have one and so does Jimshaw on this forum, we both love ours alot. They burn pressurized white gas in a crushable, recycled aluminum long canister that sits horizontally on the ground look very similar to a Whisperlite but NO need for priming whatsoever. These stoves also burn less fuel and burn very hot! 14,000 BTU's.

http://www.moontrail.com/stoves/colemanexponent_xpert.php

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___85216

BTW, The Whisperlite Stove is just like driving a manual stick shift vehicle both you have to learn to listen to what the Stove is doing. I spoke to a Stove Tech repair guy in Berkeley, California's REI who told me they get ALOT of customers returning their Whisperlite Stoves complaining of poor performance or long boil times or whatever and the fact is most (not all) of these people did not read the operating instruction included with each Whisperlite Stove and thus failed to understand how these stoves work. Fully 95% of the problems reported by users of Whisperlite's are people who don't know how they work and failed to read and/or understand how they work.

That conversation was over twenty years ago.

I have been inside MSR's factory here in Seattle, and have talked to their knowledgeable, very friendly/helpful staff and they all know what time it is. My Whisperlite is the original one a non-shaker jet model that I bought in 1983. Five years ago, I had it fully serviced by MSR and it works excellent. For $20.00 they installed new jets, and gave me a brand new Pump which that part by itself cost well over that service charge. Great company, U.S. made that fully supports their products.

Over pressurization of one's fuel bottle will make a Whisperlite perform sluggishly. The beauty about this stove is when one is informed they work flawlessly and are utterly reliable that's precisely why the Whisperlite model and it's simliar cousins (Simmerlite, XGK, etc still out perform the competition worldwide in demanding cold weather useage worldwide.