My wife and I have used the Hubba Hubba for car camping, and find it just about right - not spacious, but not crowded, either. Depending on the amount of weight you're willing to carry, it's not a hatefully heavy solo tent, either.

Also, I agree with jasonlivy about the Hubba being roomier than it looks. I've always found I had plenty of room in it for me and my gear. However, depending on how much gear you find necessary, your conclusion may be different. I don't carry much, and it all works together well: my empty Vapor Trail pack lays very flat, in the foot end of the tent, and its cushy backpad works as a pad extender for my 3/4 length Thermarest; the somewhat narrow sidewalls of the tent keep everything in line and under me. My trail shoes go in the head end of the tent, with my Dromlite bag (inflated with air) on top of them as a pillow. (If I have spare clothing, like a down jacket, I'll leave the Dromlite uninflated and put the clothing in a stuff sack to use as a pillow.) There's still enough room around the shoes and in the neat little tent pocket for my water bottle, first aid kit, map case, toiletry kit, rain gear (which can also stay inside the pack if I choose), and water filter. My stove and kettle stay outside the door, inside the vestibule but not blocking entry or exit. My food usually hangs in a tree or occasionally stays in the vestibule (I'm not in bear country.) And I've still got room to sit up, read, roll easily from side to side, and so forth.

Edited by Glenn (09/21/08 05:16 PM)