Your "loophole" does NOT exist in Wa in reference to gun shows. The major ones, while anyone can attend, only those who are a member or have a CPL can buy a gun and walk out with it that day. Otherwise, waiting periods apply as with anywhere else.
To be a member you have to have a CPL or have a background check (same thing) to even belong.

Yes, one can get around it with private sales. Hence why when we do private sales we do it through a shop, where everything is processed and paperwork is filed. This is also a safe way to buy online from gun forums - the gun is shipped into a valid shop and they handle everything for a fee. FedEx will ship overnight - you have to file paperwork, but it isn't hard.

As noted there is NOTHING wrong with using a Safepacker - they are one of the best ways to carry. Getting a CPL in most states is easy and doesn't cost a fortune - Wa state for example has to issue you one if you pay the fees and pass the FBI check. And have a limit on how long they can take. I know what states I can carry in legally - and keep up on it.

Why to NOT carry open? I have noticed that horse packers, who almost always carry openly, are often uncomfortable when they pass what they perceive to be 'city folk'. And frankly, I don't blame them. They get looked down on - and anyone can cry off to a Deputy or ranger that you are brandishing just by open carry.

No one sees it, no issues. As long as one carries their card with them, all is good.