Quote:
gardenveille - I have some UHMWPE in my shop. I will bring it home tonight and weigh it. If you can wait until tonight, perhaps the weight (ain't it always so) will shed a little more light on what sizes to use.

Hi Rick, Thanks, I am not in a hurry, no snow here yet. The 1/8" (4'x8') cost $56.80 and the 3/16" (4'x8') costs $113.95. I don't have to buy a full sheet but can buy it by the square foot at a higher cost. I only list the price cause someone asked about the cost of UHMWPE. I can get this up to 1-1/2" thick. The Plastic Supply place will cut the stuff for me.

I joined the "CA Canoe Routes" group. I spent way to much time late into the night reading all the threads about Sleds/Pluks. I looked at the Sleds from the Alaska company using UHMWPE. Their Sleds remind me of the trays our Post Office uses, the trays are just smaller. The Post Office tray sides are folded to create an angle of about 120 degrees but without a curve. The idea should work for the sides of a simple "tub" type of sled if you didn't have a curved mold of some type. I need to find out what temp is necessary to make the UHMWPE bend.