Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted here but I got one of these stoves and didn't see anything on here about them. Wasn't sure why that was.

So far this stove seems extremely nice; fit and finish is top notch. It packs down and fits in a 0.9L Ti pot too. Output is VERY high, boiled 1L tap water in a Open Country pot in under 3 minutes AND I was able to turn the flame way down to a stable low flame. Might still be more than what is needed for pancakes or some delicate cooking but it's the most stable low flame I've seen on a non-roarer type stove. It DOES take a bit of pumping but that isn't bad and if you're not in a hurry. After start up no pumping still produces more than an adequate flame and it's not as loud as some of the videos seems to make it out to be.

Edit/Update: I "played" with this stove somemore today and say that I really do like it. It primes very quickly and certainly puts out the heat. I put a large (cheap) SS sock pot on the burner and filled it with about a gallon of water (1.13 to be exact). It was nearly boiling at around the 8 min. mark and when I checked it at the 10:30 mark it was at a full rolling boil. This thing would easily meet the needs of a large group melting snow. It will also run pretty stable at near no flame at all, great for a liquid fuel stove IMHO! I cooked a 1/2 cup of rice in a 0.9L Ti pot without the lid and only had to blow the foam down once in a while; a canister stove would have been able to run lower and maybe a roarer type liquid fuel, but for this type of burner, I was impressed. I think with the 1.3L pots it would be a very good match. All in all, I really like the stove.

Just my inexperienced 2¢.

Edited by NightForce (07/23/11 06:31 PM)