Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#103372 - 09/20/08 08:33 AM Great Customer Service from Six Moon Designs
earlylite Offline

Loc: New England
I've owned my Six Moons Starlite Pack for about 2 and a half years and have carried it on about 800 miles of pretty rough backpacking trips on the Long Trail, AT, and throughout the Catskills in NY. If you're unfamiliar with this pack, I can't recommend it enough - see [url= [url=http://sectionhiker.com/2008/02/01/starlite_ultralight_backpack/]http://sectionhiker.com/2008/02/01/starlite_ultralight_backpack/] [url=http://sectionhiker.com/2008/02/01/starlite_ultralight_backpack/]http://sectionhiker.com/2008/02/01/starlite_ultralight_backpack/[/url] [\url] for details.

The sewing on the adjustable shoulder harness and the shoulder straps was starting to come undone, and the external mesh pockets were pretty ripped up. I contacted Ron Moak at Six Moons to see if he would repair the pack for me and he was very happy to - and for FREE!

I sent my Starlite to Ron and got it back within 2 weeks. Absolutely amazing and the pack is like new. Don't you just love the ultralight boutique manufacturers?

#103373 - 09/20/08 10:39 AM Re: Great Customer Service from Six Moon Designs [Re: earlylite]
kbennett Offline

Loc: north carolina
Interesting, and not surprising at all. I've had great customer service from Six Moon Designs. Ironically, I just emailed Ron yesterday about this very same issue with my Starlite. I'm waiting to hear back from him, but I'm glad to know it can be fixed.

#103374 - 09/20/08 05:30 PM Re: Great Customer Service from Six Moon Designs [Re: kbennett]
OregonMouse Offline

Loc: Gateway to Columbia Gorge
I've also had great service from Six Moon Designs. Of course they are right across town from me (they're west of Portland and I'm east), but getting across town is such a hassle (seems like an all-day rush hour going through Beaverton, probably because of perpetual road construction) that I shipped my Comet pack. They repaired some loose stitching (minor) and fixed the center shoulder strap adjustment buckle on my Comet pack (I undid it to adjust the size to someone else and couldn't get it back together properly). I had it back in a week, no charge. Either Ron or Brandon has always answered my queries very promptly.

While I'm at it, I also want to praise the customer service from Henry Shires of Tarptent and from Gossamer Gear. Both have been super about answering questions (some of them probably rather strange) very promptly. Other firms I've had extraordinary service from have been ULA Equipment, Mountain Laurel Designs and ZPacks--it's as though they were sitting there waiting for my orders and shipped them almost immediately!

This is not to denigrate the service from other "cottage" gear firms, but these are the ones I have dealt with the most. A great bunch of people!

#103375 - 09/20/08 09:10 PM Re: Great Customer Service from Six Moon Designs [Re: OregonMouse]
hikerduane Offline

Loc: Meadow Valley, CA
I had a question about the Gossamer Gear's polycryo ground sheets a couple years ago and they told me to use a couple pieces of tape to separate the sides of the sheet, they are cut so cleanly, you can't peel the sheet apart to get the advertised width. Now I see they come with a note on what to do. My fault, blame me.:)

When I ordered my second Jag Bag silk liner, I messed up and ordered the rectangular size instead of the mummy. I emailed them and got permission to send it back, I received the correct one in a few days. I know the one I sent back hadn't reached them yet but they trusted me to do the right thing.

Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Yosemite Winter Rangers
by balzaccom
12/21/23 09:35 AM
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Spiderco Chaparral Pocketknife
David & Goliath
Also Testing
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
StarryOwl, Noodles, McCrary, DanyBacky, Rashy Willia
13241 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum