Actually it's the bag and me, but you get the idea.

I am not a serious backpacker or regular camper, but when I had the opportunity to buy a very high quality 0d sleeping bag at a super price, I bought it. 0d down bag, 800 loft down. Don't remember the outside fabric, but it is water resistant nylon. Replacing the bag will not be an option.

Besides buying a bag with a sleeping pad pocket, are there any reasonably price solutions to keep from rolling off the pad? I have a sewing machine, so DIY is an option. I've considered a few off the wall ideas, like velcro on the pad and bag, but am not crazy about modifications to either.

My limited research indicates this is a real and common problem. Surely there are solutions that have some promise. My prospective use is at high elevation (about 4000 m)in the Himalayas in the May - June time frame while trying to avoid the monsoon. I don't know the typical night temperatures, but am guessing that I should be prepared for temperatures near freezing. This area is about the same latitude as Miami so it will be warmer than than e.g. Colorado. FWIW, go to yetizone.com and follow the Langtang trek to kanjing gompa and langsisha karkha. Use google maps to find Langtang village (not the park). It should be marked.I want to do an over-nighter further up the valley.

So, after all this digression and wandering, looking for a practical solution to stay on my pad.