Yes, I did a search on this before this post - most posts go into the discussion of down vs. synthetic.

I cannot have down anything - my husband is highly allergic to feathers - and the doctor has recommended that nothing down be kept in the house (or slept under.) He and I are both sad about this, but it is what it is.

So I've been doing a lot of backpacking this year, which I haven't done since I moved to Alaska (I've done tons of hiking though.) and my 45 degree bag isn't doing it anymore. I wake up shivering even in late June. I tried my husbands 32 degree bag too, and that wasn't any better. It could be one (or both) of two things - older synthetic bags (5+ years old) or the fact that in the alpine it is chilly. (oh and I sleep cold too.)

I wear full wool/synthetic thermals in the sleeping bag - with either a wool hood or wool hat on (and wonderful thick wool socks.)

So I'm looking at these bags -
Mountain Hardwear Lamina +0 - 3 lbs. 12 oz
Mont-Bell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #1 - their 15 degree F synthetic bag. - 3 lbs. 11 oz

Though when I searched through forums and someone recommended:
Integral Designs Renaissance - 20 degree F bag - 2lb 14oz - this is a tiny bit more than I wanted to spend, but still doable. I've just not heard of them before.

The MH and Mont-Bell are similar in price, which I like. MH might be a tad cooler than I need, but on the REI page it says "EN comfort (rating for women) 23 degrees Fahrenheit" and the next cooler bag is their 35 degree bag and it says 41 degrees. I'm concerned that 41 degrees is a bit too warm and I'll be cold. Though to be honest I could be over-reacting to being sick of being cold! It is usually in the 40s when I wake up, but the temp. can drop suddenly here - which has happened to me.

I want this bag for spring, summer and fall in Alaska - and to go inside my -20 bag when I camp in winter. It MUST have a draft collar. I'm using a barely there tent, if that makes a difference.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Mountain Hardwear because of the weight vs. temp. combination (oh and I have a 20% off coupon for rei too.), but the stretch of the Mont-Bell sounds great too.

Have any of you used either bag? Or am I missing a similar or lighter weight bag in the same temperature range?

Thank you in advance,

Heather