Our family took a camping trip this weekend to the Elephant Butte Lake in New Mexico to go Jet Skiing. Well the only family tent we have is my 10 year old 3man wal-mart Ozark trail tent. Its just a generic dome 2 pole tent. Its been fine the past few years in the forest being protected from the wind by the trees but out at the lake there are no trees and the tents poles would bow inward when the wind picked up. Since we plan to go to the lake and camp more often now that my son can walk my wife agreed that its time for a new larger stronger tent. We would like to get a 5 to 6 man tent since we have a 5 yr old daughter a 1yr son, our dog we would like to take every now and then, and have room for some of our stuff. Have no problem in strong winds with blowing sand and if possible have a full coverage fly. When the winds kicked up our fly acted like a parachute and helped bow the poles in. Well after looking around I found a tent that my wife really likes the price of but I have never heard of the company and can not find any reviews on it.
It is the The Browning Highlander 4-5 Person Geo Dome Tent

The pole setup is the same as the REI Base Camp 6 that I was also looking at but my wife isn't to sure about spending close to 400$ on a tent.

Does anyone have any info on the browning tent. It doesn't say anything about the coating on the rain fly or if its water proof or water resistant. Also they have the same tent with aluminum poles for 100$ so is that why its a lot lower a price.

I found a few Columbia tents that where under 200$ that the size was right but I have no idea how it will stand up to wind and isn't an 800mm coating on the fly a bit thin?
Are their any other family tents that you would recommend that is water proof and can stand up to strong winds even if it doesn't have a full coverage rain fly.

Thanks for your help.