Hi, everyone! I'm new to this world and super excited to learn more about it. My experience in camping and hiking has been mostly on campgrounds with a car parked by the tent or just a short walk away. I had went on one, somewhat remote, backpacking trip and learned how to wash cooking utensils using pine needles, which was cool haha. In the past few years my boyfriend and I have went camping every summer and stayed on the east coast (USA), but this summer we are heading out to Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho and we are SOOOO excited for it! I have a feeling the preparation and experience of a lighter pack will leave us wanting to experience a much more backcountry style of camping in the near future.

Anyway, in Montana we are staying in Devils Creek campground (Essex) and will be making day trips up to Glacier, Whitefish, and hopefully Kootenai. In Wyoming we're staying at Teton Canyon and in Idaho we'll be staying at City of Rocks. Does anyone have any good recommendations of other places or things to do/explore in those areas? Hiking trails, kayaking, fishing, etc. are all welcomed suggestions. Looking forward to "meeting" you all and hearing what you have to say!