Hey ya'll.

First let me tell you a little about myself. As a teenager I was very active with the boy scouts. I enjoyed backing trips usually about twice a month. As an adult, however, i do not get such a luxury. I'm 30 now, 74" tall, and about 200 pounds. I Live in alabama where it is pretty damned humid. Any trips I would take would be no more than 3 consecutive days.

I have the tent I want picked out. I'm looking at the Marmot EOS 1p with matching footprint.

I figure that is going to be the largest piece of kit that goes into my loadout, so i'm going to base my pack around it. and that's what i need help with. I need suggestions on a pack and a sleeping bag. The pack must be hydration bladder compatible. keep in mind that during the summer it gets well over 95 degrees, and is usually pretty humid.

for food, i'm planning on getting some mre main courses, and maybe the breads from them. They would provide plenty of calories for the days. maybe some trail bars for a snack. Point being that i'm not entirely sure that i'm going to need any type of cook stove.

Also need a line on a relatively cheap, but good water filter.