I think we discussed this product last year, but the "Nectar" device was displayed at the Consumer Electronics Show tech show in Vegas today.

They say it will fully charge a phone once a day for two weeks with one "Fuel Cell", and you can carry extra fuel cells. I could not find info on how much it weighs, but they are sure people roaming around the wildernesses will want them.

Of course, it won't be cheap. The charging unit costs $299, and the disposable fuel cells cost $10 each. That's more by a lot than I'd pay for a phone charger, and for charging my phone, but the technology is promising, so I'll just have to wait until it makes it to my price point. It'd sure be nice if it got as cheap as fast as LED watches did in the `70s.* grin

*LED watches:

On April 4, 1972, the Pulsar (wrist watch) was finally ready, made in 18-carat gold and sold for $2,100. It had a red light-emitting diode (LED) display.

Digital LED watches were very expensive and out of reach to the common consumer until 1975, when Texas Instruments started to mass produce LED watches inside a plastic case. These watches, which first retailed for only $20, reduced to $10 in 1976... source: wiki

"You want to go where?"