I've mentioned a few times on this forum that my wife has a nasty bunion on her right foot (big toe). Yesterday, she had surgery where they shaved down the bunion and fused two of the metatarsal bones together. She's narcotic sensitive (gets very nauseous)so yesterday I spent 3 hours in recovery monitoring her before they would release her. Just like the last time (and we told them before hand about the previous problem), they were a little worried about her in recovery. But apparently everything went very well in surgery. This Dr. is apparently the one the nurses go to for their bunion surgeries; I think that speaks well of him. If all goes well, we will be hiking again this summer and following summer we'll go back to the alps for a real hut to hut trek. Except for the bunion, our hikes/treks in the alps were very succesful in her eyes. It could have been the drugs, but yesterday she was talking about going over there a few summers in a row (Swiss, French, and Italian Alps). I'm hoping this fixes her bunion problem.

Has anyone else here had this surgery? Any thoughts?

Chris