https://www.mpowerd.com/
We've used this light for 2 trips now and have yet to run out of light, even after a long winter's evening of use. I hung it in a shelter on the AT and it provided enough light for us and another couple to do chores, cook and socialize. It was very cheery, especially as the other couple showed up after dark and very nervous, having gotten off trail. Our hung light ended up as an unwitting beacon. It lights the tent interior very well, but I prefer the light set behind to read by. I don't read, I don't sleep, just a habit. We also used it for a night hike on a snowy trail with lots of blow downs and they worked well enough to inspire confidence. Ours is clear in the back where the solar batteries are and bleeds light backwards. It's enough where someone can walk behind and see as long as they stay within 4-5 feet. My previous light was a Petzl Tikka which is a good light, but with spare batteries is several ounces heavier than the 4 oz. Luci. First trip was with one headlamp and one Luci. Second trip was 2 Luci lanterns. We agreed the second trip had superior lighting! Great to hang 2 lamps in camp at night. Long nights made a little more cheery. We used them collapsed as flashlights, blown up as lanterns and hung them on our packs to charge on the trail with mini-biners. 12 hrs. of light on an 8 hr. charge. There's 3 settings- mid-bright, bright and flashing/emergency. The 12 hrs. is for the mid-bright- which is what we used almost exclusively. This may have been covered here before, but I though I'd re-visit it for newcomers to the site or backpacking in general. We paid 14.99 apiece for them.

Edited by bluefish (01/13/16 06:04 PM)