Hi Everyone,

I know that there are numerous posts about footwear, but I think everyone's need is different, so I thought it worth to ask you about some suggestions.

1., A little bit about me: I'm a novice hiker who only does day hikes on moderate terrain. I hiked half dome in a pair of running shoes because I didn't even have proper hiking boots. I'm light (130 lbs) and I prefer to pack light for a trip.

2., I need a pair of boots for hiking in the snow. The temperature will be somewhere between 25-38. I prefer lightweight boots and free movement. But I will need decent waterproofness because of the possibility of melting snow.

Because this will be my first hiking boot, I'd prefer something more versatile I can maybe use on day hikes during spring time and in winter with thick wool socks, gaiters or maybe with gore tex socks to keep the water out better.

I know that there is no all in one solution, but I'd like to pick something more versatile for general day hiking.

3., I'm torn between something lighter and comfortable like Asolo Reston WP (http://www.asolo.com/en/products/hiking-en/natural-shape-en/reston-wp-a27504-00-en.html) and heavier, sturdier boots with more support like the Scarpa Charmoz, Asolo Avalon GTX, Iowa Renegade GTX.

Which one is better for these use cases above? I'm ok to use layers to extend the capabilities of the boots. But it would be nice to have something I can use for long hikes during summer, maybe on a 2 day hike.

Thanks