I would like some advice with my tent choice between a Tarptent Stratospire 2 and a Six Moon Designs Haven with nettent. I am really hoping someone who has experience with both of these tents can weigh in, but I haven't seen anyone who has during my searches across different forums.

A little about me: I will mostly be hiking in the MidAtlantic region, usually April through October (30-90 degree nights). I like the versatility of these two tents between setting up just the net, or fly or both.

Most of my trips are 2-3 nights, but I would like to take a week long trip out west in the near future.

I will primarily use this as a shelter for two, but will take it on the occasional solo trip. I am 5'6" and my hiking buddy is ~5'10", both fairly fit.

I do not hike with poles, so I would have to purchase the optional pole sets for either tent. I may make the transition to hiking with poles, but I am not quite there yet.

Budget is not a huge issue, but I think I would like to stay around 350 total (which both of these are). I am intrigued by the Cuben version of the SMD tent, but it doesn't seem worth it to spend $300 extra for something I use a handful of times a year (5 in a good year?). If there is an overwhelming benefit to Cuben, I wouldn't rule it out.

It appears that either is a fine choice, and I am leaning towards the SS2 at the moment, but that seems to waiver every other day.

Thanks in advance for the help.