Hey folks im looking to update a couple old synthetic 20 deg bags. I think this time around I would like to go with a set of down bags for the wife and I. This has been a tough search for me as I just don't have a lot of contact with others in the sport to gather feedback from. I really don't plan on being out below 32F but for the small difference in weight I thought if better to build in a buffer of a few more degrees. The upgrade expectations are to loose at least a pound or more in weight, pack smaller and probably gain some efficiency with new technology. I doubt the old bag was temp accurate but hard to say as I sleep on the cold side.

As I have to purchase 2 bags, price starts to become an issue. To give you an idea of what seems to fit my requirements Im looking at bags no more than a few oz. over 2 lbs. Generally in the 20 deg range and somewhere around $300ea. if possible. Let me throw this one out for example.

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13342027&lmdn=Insulation Type&cp=3677338.3705267

Now I don't know the quality of newer EMS products. I do know their bags are not EN rated. It was awarded backpacksrs '13 editors choice which at this point doesn't really tell me much as I don't subscribe or know how biased or unbiased they may be. As far as price, this bag is on sale this weekend can be had for $299.

thanks for any help you can offer.

jimmyb