I have posted this same note on another forum. I thought I would also post it here in the possibility that someone might benefit.

I tend to suffer from plantar fasciitis and have experimented with a variety of different insoles for relief from the heel pain. I recently purchased a pair of New Balance IPR-3030 insoles and, for me, they provide more relief than any other insole I have tried. I won't claim that they will help everyone but they did work for me.

They don't provide the pronounced arch support as do a lot of other proprietary insoles. For me that is good since I have a fairly normal arch and want to keep it strong if possible. But they have a layer of "memory" foam on the top that really helps to distribute walking and jogging impact over much more of your foot than is the case with the harder insoles.

As I noted above, these may not be the ticket for everyone but they sure worked for me. If you are having chronic heel pain, as I did, they might be worth looking at. Google the "part number" above for online sources. You can get a pair for about $35.00. I have been using them now for about a month and for several hundred miles and they are still in good shape and have helped me a lot.