I know I'm not "ultra light" yet, but I'm hoping you guys are the ones that can help me get going in that direction.

I'm somewhat new to backpacking, and after a few trips, I'm trying to figure out how to shave some weight. I mostly backpack with my wife, so the load is split. I take the tent and fishing gear, and she takes the bear can and food.

Our last trip I was carrying roughly 37lbs. while she was carrying roughly 32lbs. These weights were measured using a not so accurate fish scale.

Recently I bought a postal scale and weighed everything that I take on a trip down to the ounce. You will see next to some of the items that I have listed what I would like to replace it with to save some weight, but with the listed replacements, I would only save about 6lbs.
For solo trips I would like to get my complete weight down to 30lbs. or less minus food but including water. So forget that I'm splitting weight with my wife.

I know the first suggestions will be aimed at the pack and my sleeping bag. Well, the pack is a bit heavy, but it makes the load FEEL a lot lighter. I'd rather carry the extra pound if it makes it feel like I'm carrying 5lbs. less. The sleeping bag, well, I'm a cold sleeper. I had a 20F bag, but I was cold at 35F, so I gotta keep warm, plus I just bought it and the wife would freak if I got rid of it, and it should be comfortable for early winter trips.

Other than that, what are your thoughts? How do I compare with you all's weights? Remember this includes water! But not food.