Going to make a tent for two, which will be able to withstand horizontally blowing rain, to sit it up and wait for fair weather to come.
Know well what dome and tunnel tents are, what they capable of etc. But pyramid tens are known to me as mostly huge winter heated shelters and not as UL ones for two.
Obviously they are the easiest to make, and my rough counting shows they are the lightest, dome type in the middle, and tunnel one is the heaviest.
Anyway, the question is for real long term experience, how livable and practical those pyramids are? I have read many reviews, but they are seem to be biased or just advertisements.
My concerns: pyramids require too big area to pitch them, how often is it difficult to find that big area, I see it is difficult; much of that area is wasted, the fabric is too close to the ground to sleep or to put stuff under; the stick is in the center of everything, it is always on the way; too many hassle to pitch, especially on rocky tables or soft ground, too many stakes required on all grounds.