http://www.lightheartgear.com/index.php/tents/lightheart-duo-tents/product/view/6/5 Expeditious shipping! Received within 48 hrs. of ordering. Weighed out of the box with 8 ti shepard's hooks, it came in at 2 lbs. 5 oz. Set up is a little fussy, and care has to be taken with bringing the poles inside the tent. I'll probably carry a few wire nuts to protect the pole ends. I'll make sure the small baskets on the poles are clean, too. . The footprint is much larger than a Fly Creek 2 that I'm used to, so site selection is going to be a little trickier and setting up inside a shelter pretty well impossible. We'll keep the FC2 for that purpose, along with it being an under 2 lb. bug shelter for clear summer weekend trips. For tent platforms it may be necessary to bring some extra cord. I use a set of small hardwood wedges with a loop attached to jam into the plank cracks. I was guessing by the dimensions before I bought it that it would be spacious, and it is. Easily will fit 2 large pads and have the packs inside or out underneath the awning. I didn't buy the carbon fiber pole for the awning, surmising that a fully collapsed third trekking pole would do.
It does. The awning is large enough that my 5'11" frame can lay underneath it and be fully covered. Or is it lie? Though it's not. It would be a great place to have your dog set up with his own bed. It'll easily cover several packs and yes....the dreaded, warned against cooking in the rain.....
I'll leave it to the better part of valor for that... The other vestibule is a little smaller and will hold a couple pair of shoes and allow exit if the other is fully engaged. You do have the option of putting the packs in the tent, as there is plenty of length; thus making an unobstructed second exit. I can easily sit up in the middle and changing clothes will not entail any advanced yoga positions. Since the poles are inside the tent, adjustments can be made from inside if you get some wind and rain sag. I bought the cut- to- size Tyvek tarp, as I have no more kicking around, as I've gone to a different type of sheathing system in home building. All told with shipping, seam sealing,Tyvek and stakes just shy of 4 bills. The trail will tell the tale, I'll add more when that happens.