Backstory: So I began my search for a new pack sometime last year. I got interested in one of the arcteryx bags (the women's axios) which proved impossible to find in person so I decided to return my focus to readily available packs. Osprey and gregory, mostly. A year later, and it's become pretty clear from countless "fitting" sessions, weights included, that nothing either brand offers in the lightweight(ish) 50-60L range is comfortable and/or fits me worth a darn.

Thus, I return, searching for input on the arcteryx pack along with what seem to be semi-comparable granite gears. I've been looking at the Axios 48 and the GG Vapor Flash are probably the two I've personally looked at most more recently. There are some larger GG's (the blaze ki and the nimbus trace) but I tend to suspect I'd find them too large, and the trace seems to have a few too many extra zipper/pocket "features" I tend to find useless. I'm not really an ounce counter but I mostly only carry essentials/things I actually use and am limited to 2-3 day hikes anyway. Mostly out and about around the AT.

Do any of you have any experience with either packs or have suggestions for something else to look into? I know it's all about fit, and I don't plan on buying without trying it on unless of course it can be returned in full with no questions asked. It's just that all the packs readily available for trying just plain didn't work (one even bruised my hips after 15 minutes of illusory comfort with a mere ten pounds of weight). Help!

Edited by cherrylane (10/25/11 09:05 PM)