What can be done to make my kitchen smaller? Assume freezer bag cooking using 16 oz. of hot water for the food bag, then a second use of the stove for a hot drink from the pot. My reflectrix cozy travels on the outside of my keg pot so that is a big bundle. With glue-on velcro, I could open the cozy to a flat sheet for storing in the pack. Suggestions on using a different pot-stove combo or a thinner cozy material would be welcome.

My dilemma is having to heat water twice in a smaller pot or just once in a larger one. Currently my pot is too big in the pack and too small in the kitchen, but the weight is fine. Good size, good function, or good weight, I need some help on which two I get to have.

Edit: The "keg pot" is 24 oz with the cozy shaped to travel on the exterior of the beer can. The alky stove is a V-8/Red Bull size to throw more heat on the narrow pot. In the field, in conditions where both food and a hot drink is needed, I doubt the little stove will boil 22-23 oz. of water in a tall, narrow can. I'm carrying both more insulation and more pot volume than can be utilized. Thank you phat, kbennett, and Barry, the solution is a wider pot, almost full of water, on a more powerful stove with a take-apart cozy that is stored flat. My reflectrix bag or can sleeve is too bulky and works too well when only 10-15 minutes of FBC time is needed. I'm going to look at Sarbar's fabic or a smaller bubble wrap in a mid-sized tyvek envelope. I have some surplus poncho liner fabric that might also work for that use. My summer pot and stove are not my winter ones, even with the +20 to +50 degree daily winter temps here.

Edited by just_another_Joe (01/09/09 04:37 PM)
Edit Reason: answered questions