Based on my experioence as a tent owner and as a salesperson some years back, I believe that Eureka makes the best family camping (read car camping) tents out there. I have an Equinox 6, and it's a great tent. All seam-sealed fly and floor, sets up easily, heavy-duty floor, big windows for good ventilation. Most of the family camping tents on the market these days have poles that are undersized for the tent and cannot handle much wind. My Equinox can handle quite a bit of wind no problem. Kelty and REI make some pretty good family tents as well.
I would not get fiberglass poles ever - the history of failure is not so good. Also, with an aluminum pole, of you step on it and bend it you can see you've damaged it and you know you need to do something about it, but the bent pole can often function okay for a while. With a fiberglass pole, you might step on it, see no obvious damage, but when you set the tent up and put it under stress, it blows because you had an unseen crack, and once it blows it's useless.