The issue though is that the tent may be waterproof where it does not allow water through the fabric or seams, but condensation will still build up on the inside. No matter what quality of tent or amount of ventilation, this is gonna happen if the conditions are right. I see it all the time. A good example is the "hangout" tarp my buddy and I always carry. We setup a separate tarp to hangout under (cook, sit around, etc.) in the rain (cause we get rained on about 50% of the time). Usually shortly after setting it up (between 2 trees a few feet off the ground) condensation will form on the underside even if we aren't underneath it (i.e. causing the condensation by breathing). You can't get any more waterproof or better ventilated than a good tarp set up like that, and condensation still forms. Unfortunately, that's just how it is.

So like I said, I firmly believe in site selection and "condensation management". A nice little pack towel works really good for keeping the condensation from building up to the point of dripping inside the tent.