Before going to the effort of collecting all this first aid gear (much less carrying it for a week) it would be a good idea to study a dog first aid book. There is little point in bringing items that you don't know how to use. Further more, the book will give you an idea of what problems to expect, which are best handled by prevention, which you can reasonably deal with while on a trip, and which only be handled with lots of skill and equipment or evacuation. Also what you might need on a day trip, or when you can get to help within a day, will be substantially less than what you will need if you are a week away from any help.

In my experience of owning a dog for 7 years, potentially useful items are:

Benadryl - children's liquid form may be better for dogs, especially small ones. However the stuff from your own first aid kit may do. Mine had an allergic reaction to one of his first vaccines, and needed benadryl to reduce the swelling.

ipecac - to induce vomiting in case of suspected poisoning. However I've only used this when the dog got into some chocolates at home.

poison ivy cleaner and lotion - I used this once while camping in northern Calif. when the dog started licking a paw after a hike. Stickers and thorns are a more likely cause of limping, and usually are easy to deal with. Oil (even cooking oil) is works for cleaning pine tar from paws.

wound treatments - I haven't had any serious problems in this regard. A larger dog did attack mine a few blocks from home, but only broke the first layer of skin in a few places. Mine also limped for a day or two. I suspect the main difference from human wounds is the amount of hair, which can complicate cleaning the area, and adhering bandages (hence the vet wrap).

stop bleeding powder - I've used this a couple of times when I trimmed a nail too far. I'm not sure if it would help with other bleeding.

stomach torsion - a potential serious problem in larger dogs. A neighbor had to rush his rottie to the vet a few weeks ago due to this problem. Field treatment is difficult. Since mine is small, I don't worry too much about this.

Most important the owner should be observant, noting anything out of the ordinary, or any attempt by the dog to deal with a problem. Check for a cause of limping right away. Give water both on a regular basis and when the dog tries to drink from any available source. Note the dog's attempts to cool off (resting in shade), or to warm up (curling up in a dry place).

paulj