The x-case does add stability and if you are using it with wood fuel it acts as a dandy little fire pan. Some areas in the southwest require fire pans if you are burning wood. I like the extra safety because little coals do drop through the ventilation holes. Heavy crafting foil makes a good lightweight base so the wire feet don’t sink into the soft earth and sand. That saves some weight.

The Trangia alcohol burner boils the quickest when sitting on the floor of the Nano. At the top position using the Nano sticks the simmer ring can deploy in any position. I’m very happy with the overall performance there. They consider an alcohol stove an open fire in the National Forest and Parks here so it can’t be used in any fire ban.

One can burn LPG in a stage II fire ban. So the Trangia gas burner will be very useful under those restrictions which must be coming with our current severe drought. They say it should be here next week so I’ll measure the burner to pot clearance then. I chose free shipping so it’s USPS and they might get it here a couple days quicker but then again they have shipped some of my stuff to all corners of America before turning around and finding Arizona. Lol