My tool kit consists of: a SAK Classic with toothpick and tweezers removed, a pair of good plastic tweezers and an Opinel #6 pocket knife with a lanyard loop added. The Classic provides me with scissors and a nail file plus a small, never-sharp back-up knife blade. I carry it in my cook kit. It weighs about 0.7 oz., it gets used every trip. The tweezers are in my med kit and are used mainly to pull those nasty little cactus glochids that are nearly invisible and seemingly unavoidable around here. The SAK tweezers never seem to hold on to them. They weigh about 0.15 oz. and get a lot of use. The Opinel #6 is my everyday pocket knife. It gets constant use from cutting sausage and cheese, opening plastic bags, digging out splinters and whittling toothpicks to cleaning fish. I keep it very sharp and it holds an edge very well. It weighs about 0.8 oz. In total they weigh about 1.65 oz. and meet my needs very well. I have gotten along with just the Classic but it does only adequately, jobs that are done superbly by the knife and tweezers. I figure the extra ounce is worth the convenience. At one time I tried (not real successfuly) to make do with a single-edge razor blade. If I need to open cans, I take along a P-38 can opener left from my Army days. I almost never take it along.