http://lighterpack.com/r/8oacg2

So background info. I'm pretty new to this. Over the past couple weeks I've been going on hikes locally, whatever I have time for whether that be 2 miles or 7-8 miles. I bring my pack with me and don't really find much trouble carrying the weight. Biggest issue is blisters hence the benzoin on the list.

I'll be doing a sort of overnight test run somewhere here in CT. Then in mid July I'm planning on Mount Washington. We'll be taking our time with it, the plan is to camp near base on Friday night, summit Saturday and descend to hermit lake, camp and then hike out Sunday. Unnecessary from what I've read but it's for fun.

Then aside from a few 2 day, one night trips in summer, early fall I'm planning a 3 day in October either in the whites again or the long trail. Relatively same gear list modified a bit for temps, probably mostly clothing which I'm kinda unsure of at the moment.

My comments on some items:

MSR elixir 3 - I will be hiking with my girlfriend and dog for many of these. The others will be with friends so the tent will get split up. The listed 1575g is the max I will likely have to carry. The total tent weight was around 2400g.

Regular matches were taken off

Clothing is what I'm mostly unsure of
Base layer - thick sorta fleece lined version. Quite warm but a bit bulky

North face hyvent - thinking it will be good for rain/wind but do I need something else for cold temps?

I'll be hiking in wearing a moisture control short sleeve shirt and moisture control briefs and probably a regular pair of gym shorts.

Edit: oh and feel free to make comments about anything I may have forgotten.

Edited by Sarracenia (06/19/14 10:56 PM)