I do not need to practice. I chronically forget or lose stuff!

On my last trip I accidently picked up my gardening shoes instead of my newer hiking shoes (same brand- when my hiking shoes start to fall apart they get assigned gardening shoes). Even though the soles were ready to fall off, they made it!

One trip my ditty bag fell out of my pack top pocket, unbenownst to me, and I had to do 3 days without anything in it - chapstick, sunscreen, toothpaste, and most important my allergey medicine. I was walking down the trail, eyes swollen shut, tears running down my face, sneezing and coughing. Murphy's Law- the ONE time I do not have my allergey medicine, the pine pollen is at its peak.

I drove all the way to the trailhead to discover I forgot the tent (forecast was for rain). I drove back home and then revised the trip to a closer to home trip (since I had already spent my budgeted gas money).

Lost my spoon - dear husband shared his with me.

Food cache (they were allowed in the old days)leaked water and ruined most of the food. Lived 5 days on Crisco and oatmeal.

Lost my bifocal sunglasses - fell out of my pocket - 2 hours searching failed to find them. Could not read a map. Had to use the Eskimo method - squint when I crossed snow.

Dropped my belay device off a cliff. Thank goodness I am old school and knew how to hip belay.

Severe rash from new hiking pants. Wore my fleece shirt as a skirt.

One fall trip, thinking it would be cold, I only took fleece and wool. It turned out HOT. Good thing I was a hippie in the old days- improvised a top from handkerchiefs.