The maker of Ursack ( who also happens to be a lawyer) just lost a lawsuit to have its new bag tested for approval in Yosemite. It is doubtful that the sack will gain approval, although the case is being appealed. I own a Ursack, in addition to a Bearikade, Bearvault and Garcia. I see the Ursack as a part of the solution. I use it above timber, where it is legal, prefering its lighter weight. If hanging regular food bags has worked for you and there is no regulation for more, I would just keep doing that.

The bearproof container technology is changing as are regulations. Here in California, we are required to have cannisters. This has resulted in first getting a Garcia (works but is heavy), then a BearVault (lighter), then a Bearikade (love this but it is !$$$!), then a Ursack (a supplementary container when we go on a trip where we travel both through cannister required areas and non-required areas where we are above timber so do not have trees to hang the food). When the bears figure out how to get into the now approved cannisters, we will have to buy different ones. I do not think there will ever be a permanent solution.