I think you are all chasing an illusion. There are as many measures of "warmth" or "quality" or "adequacy" as there are people. You can "standardize" the product measures, but cannot standardize people.

All reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt. It is meaningless to say the jacket was warm to 28 degrees. What humidity? What wind? Sitting for 5 minutes? Standing for 20 minutes? Walking? Daytime with sun shining, nighttime pee? Did you put it on when you were warm? Did you put it on after you got chilled? Were you sitting on cold ground or on a warm pad? And on and on..

I want honesty - good photos, statistics and details - pounds of fill, construction details, weight +/- standard deviation for smallest to largest size, exact source of down, exactly what materials are used, detailed photos of all features, loft measured at key locations, how many and where are the sewn-through seams, etc. Then I can make up my own mind whether to buy or not.

Honesty in marketing has definitely gone out the window the last decade or so. Buyer beware.