Originally Posted By AKLoganTX
I guess i should have stated why I would perfer a titanium model.
I would like the titanium for the ease of cleaning and whatever weight savings that may come with it. However little they may be.

The reason I like this set so much is because it holds itself together and dose not need a bag and i like the frying pan part of it as i sometimes like to make pancakes or fry some fish if i happen to catch some.

As far as the mug part i don't use it at all.
I have taken it out and inside the pot i place my alcohol stove and wind screen winch is also my pot stand, that I am quite proud of.

If you really enjoy making pancakes and frying fish etc then I wouldn't waste my time looking for a titanium version of this mess kit, since this metal is such a poor conductor of heat and is not really suited for any type of gourmet cooking. Now that is not to say that it cannot be done, it just takes practice and constant attention. Personally, I use a titanium cookpot and when I fly-fish and fires are not permitted then I will just throw in an actual frying-pan that I picked up from the dollar store and took the handles off of.

This whole system weighs in at a little under 20oz. This includes the pot, fry pan, pan gripper, stove, windscreen, 2 utensils, bandana, lighter and Ti mug.

If I went solo then I could get this much lighter by leaving the mug and extra utensil at home and switching out the canister stove with my alcohol stove.

I feel this gets the best of both worlds; light Ti pots with a good, durable frying pan. This is also great because I am able to switch out items as needed and if something needs replacing then I don't need a whole new kit.

Edited by ChrisFol (02/19/10 01:08 PM)