First night we came in during a snow flurry at 10:00 p.m. The tent was setup on top of about 6 inches of snow. Bag really didn't get to fluff up before I got into it. Slept on top of only a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pad. Got down to about 18 degrees outside and about 22 degrees inside. Went to sleep in t-shirt and regular underwear (no socks). Could feel cool air on my back as soon as I laid down. Woke up cool (not really cold) at about 5:00 a.m. and put on thermal underwear and long sleeve shirt and socks. Got very warm, very quickly...

Second night, went to sleep in thermal long underwear, long sleeve shirt and socks. Slept on same pad, plus cheap closed cell foam pad from Wal-Mart. Slept like a baby, couldn't zip up for about 3 hours. Checked the temperature at dawn outside the tent: 12 degrees, inside the tent: 20 degrees.

Last night, slept the same way, on the same pads. Temp got down to 21 outside and about 23 inside. Didn't zip up all night, ended up taking off long sleeve shirt before I could fall asleep.

In a nutshell, the bag did exactly what I wanted it to do. Each night the tent had frost on the interior roof and interior walls. There was about a foot of snow on top of the tent the first 2 nights. At least one night there was frost on the shell of my sleeping bag. The shell did get damp once, but it never got wet or lost any loft.

It was VERY, VERY nasty cold weather. I probably will never duplicate a seemingly misable trip like this (It wasn't miserable at all). We all got our antelope and I got my sleep....

Very satisfied. In the end I threw my bag over to a friend of mine and he couldn't believe how light it was and that I was able to stay warm in something that light weight.

NitroSteel