Hello guys, things are coming together a little more each week. Yesterday I came home with two more pieces of my wish lists. I picked up a Gregory Baltoro 75 Pack, ENO double nest and straps. Picked up my Jetboil SOL and Sawyer filter a few weeks ago. The problem now is that I've ran into a total road block with my sleeping system. The problem is I'm a big feller. I sleep primarily on my side, but with the proper dose of Ambien I can sleep on my head, so I can make do as a back sleeper. lol

It seems as soon as I pick something out, one more thing pops up in the search box. I am kinda eyeballing the NEMO Rhythm +25 Sleeping Bag and Big Agnes Q-Core SL Sleeping Pad. I can't seem to find the fine balance with weight over pad size. My gut feeling says to stick with a pad that is at least 25", but finding a sleeping bag that does not weigh as much as a cinder block is proving hard to find.

I lack the experience to judge what temperature rating will be best for Alabama this fall and winter. I'm trying to be cautious with the amount of weight I'm stacking on. Thus far it looks like I'm at 21 1/2 lbs minus food and extra clothes and still gotta add a few other essential items. But that weight includes pack, tent, footprint, water and filter, fuel and and stove, sleeping system mentioned above, hammock and straps.

Anyway, back to the point of the post. I'm 6'0. 330lbs. 50" waist. I wear a 3XL shirt and jacket so what ever shoulder width that would be.....56" maybe? I would prefer the room to sleep on my side if possible.

Any suggestions on a sleeping system that will not bankrupt me, or require a bulldozer to pull?

All the best,

Kenny T

Edited by Kenny Taylor (09/29/13 10:36 AM)