My mom asked me what I'd like for Christmas and I been thinking about it for awhile. It came to my mind I really like to have a day-pack more than anything because the pack I was using is extremely uncomfortable. It's great for hauling books to class, but long hike on the trails with gears is just awful. I carried that pack on a 33 miles in two days and it was just plain awful after a few miles. The hip belt kept slipping thus it made my shoulders red and sensitive after the trip, and all kinds of misery.

What I cannot figure out is how much liter do I need?!?!? I keep thinking about all these day-hikes I've been on and what I normally carry. Usually I just carry rain gears, jacket, socks, and food. I figured 24 liter and up would be excess, but with a compression strap it would make the pack smaller when I have less gears, then I can expand if I ever find myself carrying more than usual such as my hammock to lounge, and other things I haven't thought about. Then my mind took it even further, what about a pack big enough for overnight trips and yet with enough compression ability to make it smaller for day-hikes? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh.

I've looked at Osprey Kestrel 28 and Stratos 24. Deuter AC Lite 18 and 22 as well as their 28 liter which I already forgot the model. Then I looked at Granite Gear Habanero 28 liter as well as smaller day-packs by Granite.. I may be legally insane.

Edited by ETSU Pride (12/07/12 04:15 PM)