It's safe to say that NO tent will withstand a 100 mph wind, let alone 150. Consider that most mobile homes are completely destroyed (not just overturned) by a 130 mph wind.

The odd thing about wind, totally mysterious to me, is that its force increases at a much faster rate than its speed.

Maybe somebody can help me out with specifics, but a 100 mph wind, say, is many times (eight times?) more forceful (and potentially destructive) than a 50 mph wind.

I've seen a few reports that tent X wasn't destroyed when exposed to 100mph in a wind tunnel, but that's not the same thing as providing shelter.

Now turning to tent suggestions, Mountain Hardwear, no slouch for sturdy tents, recently brought back "snow flaps" with its "Kiva" model, but I'm confused whether current version has them

Here is MH's description:

"It weighs 3 pounds and is 66.4 square feet.Kiva is an extremely simple, four-person winter mountaineering shelter supported by a single Easton 7075 T9 center pole. Using webbing and an adjustable center pole, Kiva’s five sided canopy is simple to pitch and provides excellent wind shedding. Floorless design allows for digging out in winter."

Essentially, it's a slightly larger version of a GoLite SL 3 tarp tent.