I've never used a sleeping pad while camping. I also freeze my butt off on a regular basis too, so it's something I figured I'd look into before I go to Alaska this summer.

I have a eureka zeus 1 tent and a marmot pounder plus sleeping bag which is rated to 25 degrees, but it actually only keeps me comfortable to about 35 or so.

If a pad makes a big enough difference in warmth to justify the cost/weight, these are the ones I'm considering:

-Therm-a-Rest ProLite 3 Sleeping Pad - Short, weighs 13 oz, $74.95

-Pacific Outdoor Equipment Uber-Lite Sleeping Pad, 9 oz, $60

-Therm-a-Rest Z-Lite - Short, 11 oz, $29.95

-Pacific Outdoor Equipment AO-Lite Sleeping Pad - 2/3 Length, 17 oz, $64

Right now, I'm really liking the Prolite 3, but this is my thoughts on the others;

I like the looks of Pacific Outdoor more than therm-a-rest, but looks aren't a big concern obviously. Therm-a-rest are US made and Pac. Out. are imported, and I do try to buy American whenever the cost/quality isn't a huge factor not to.

The Z lite is way cheaper, but it has some bad reviews about not holding up and insulating well after lots of use.

The uberlite is the lightest, but it also offers the least amount of insulation.

Warmth is my main concern, not comfort. Cost is an issue too, but I'd gladly spend $75 instead of $30 if the warmth and durability are better in the long run.

Which pad is the best deal? Do the shorter length pads still provide enough warmth to justify even buying one, or should I just go full size if I'm going to get a pad at all? Thanks.