Keep in mind that solar chargers, while they work, have some caveats. They only work in full sun and the charge times are likely the times in "full sun". What if you have a series of days that are overcast, cloudy, or rainy? Then charge times are 2-3 times what is normal. I have used a solar powered flashlight, it charges but only in full sun. It plain does not work in the Michigan winters. There is not enough solar energy coming through the thick clouds to make it work.

So, with my experience, I would say a crank charger is the best thing: it works no matter what the weather is like. And if you want more charging, you just crank it some more. I have a crank-charged flashlight, and it works well. The only issue is, the battery wears out after a while. A super capacitor would work even better for a flashlight.

I have a hand cranked radio with built-in rechargable batteries. The crank broke a few years ago but the batteries work fine, which is weird since I've had the radio about 8 years and the batteries are from China (notoriously bad quality, especially in the battery department).

Anyway, there's my solar and cranking experience. I much prefer the cranking.