Quote:
I like to shower but do not like hiking in the rain! However, I have ended up using the naked strategy - pack away most clothes and hike in wind siut (or rainsuit if it is cold). You get wet from the outside and inside both so may as well think of clothing as a wet-suit. I keep walking and take very short breaks. Once in camp I quickly change into insulating clothes and jump in the tent.

I also have a funny quirk - I hate to get my face and head wet. I find that if I have a good rain hat I do much better. I cannot stand hoods.

I also agree that in warmer temperatures, rain is primarily a comfort issue, but in cold rain, it becomes a safety issue.

That's not a funny quirk. I'm the same way, which is why you almost always see me in pictures with a brim hat. your strategy sounds very similar to mine. I still maintain my favorite rainger outside of a downpour is a 100 wt fleece and a windshirt - and then it's not about not being wet - it's about staying warm - and like you when I stop I change and get out of it.
Browse my pictures