I tried a couple pairs of GT-lined boots, but, found that they did not last, now, this is daily use and wearing them constantly. I am not a fan of GT in boots, but, was a fan of it for certain other purposes. I probably had the first GT gear imported into BC, in late '77 and early '78, from Early Winters of Seattle and the original Marmot Mtn. of Grand Junction, CO. It was/is GREAT in snow camping.

So, I have simply used the best FGL and Nubuck leather hikers I can find and some of mine that work are Van Gorkums, these are FGL custom boots, now VERY costly, FGL Kastingers, FGL Meindls and Nubuck Scarpa Concordias. The FGL boots are MUCH better than the Nubucks, but, almost impossible to find now, although AJ Brooks still imports a few FGL Meindls.

I treat my boots with Obenauf's and it is the best goop for boots I have ever used and I have tried them all. Obenauf's and FGL boots WILL keep your tootsies dry and I change my socks every 4-6 hrs., always having a spare pair in my pack.

There are a few other more work-oriented boots that will also work, I cannot and will not wear trail runners or light hikers as I need better support.