I don't think those numbers are correct. I found a table showing Al having a thermal conductivity of 128-180 W/mC (depending on alloy) and Ti of 15.6, meaning aluminimum conducts heat as much as 11.5x greater than titanium.

http://www.engineersedge.com/properties_of_metals.htm

The difference is pretty easy to demonstrate in the field. I can pick up a relatively tall uncovered Ti cookpot from the stove w/o using a pot lifter, as the top edge will only be warm, but an aluminum pot will burn the bejezus out of me if I try a similar stunt. Similarly, an aluminum cup of hot coffee or chocolate will burn my lips; titanium is quite comfortable.

In practice, Ti pots are so thin I've never found a measureable difference in boil times comparing similarly sized, covered Al and Ti pots. The net flux seems the same, so I've concluded there's no efficiency difference WRT fuel use. Pot shape, a tight lid and an effective windscreen have far greater effects than pot material.

The biggest difference is Ti pots have much more concentrated hot spots when on the stove, making it much tougher to brown and simmer foods without burning.

Quote:
Quote:
A lot of UL folk tend to use titanium cookware coz of its light weight and maybe ease of cleaning.

But because titanium is such a poor heat conductor compared to aluminium don't you tend to use and therefore carry more fuel, thus losing any weight gain from the cookware ?

Ti Specific heat: 0.52 J/gK
Al Specific heat: 0.90 J/gK

This would seem to indicate that Ti heats up MORE easily than Al. Maybe specific heat isn't the only factor? I'm not sure.